Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas Cards


Christmas is approaching and many of you are scrambling to find the perfect Christmas card / Holiday card to send to your friends and relatives. With a little work and a lot of help from some very innovative websites you can create a very memorable card.

Photographers Edge a website that sells card stock with a place to put your favorite photo is one of my favorites. I ordered the card stock and this year was even able to have my company name imprinted in the inside with a very nice salutation.

I then went to ArtisansMarket.com and scrolled through the stunning photographs that were done by some of the artists. This year I choose a very wintry picture taken by Billy Rhoades. Billy who resides in Alaska. Billy is a wonderful wood artist who moved to Alaska and fell in love with the scenery prompting him to take up an additional hobby. Yes you got it, photography.

The picture as you see in this blog is very much the picture of winter and unique. It suits me as I am from Alaska also and this photo was taken in Alaska near the area where I grew up.

I think this year my cards will be well received especially with the extra effort on my part to make them uniquely mine.

This won't be the first time that I have taken advantage of Billy's great photographers eye. Last year I bought handmade wood boxes from Bob Dickey who also is an Artisansmarket.com artist.

I then selected several wonderful photographs from Billy Rhoades Artisansmarket.com gallery. I bought my card stock from Photographers Edge, I made 10 stationary cards for each box using ten different landscape and wildlife photographs. I gave them away as gifts. They were a huge hit.

No comments: